The department operates with a computerized permitting software. The permit clerk typically enters the required information as provided by the applicant in the office. The linked permit applications can be used for reference by the applicant to determine what information is required in receiving a permit.
On September 8, 2004, the City of Newport increased permit fees associated with building, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning permits for the first time in over ten years.
Please remember to add an American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) Fee of $1.00 per $1,000.
- Zoning Board of Review Application (2015 Update)
- Special Use Permit (2015 Update)
- Regulatory Variance (2015 Update)
- Critical Area Review Application
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application (you also must obtain a Service Request Number from National Grid)
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Moving or Demolition Permit Application
- Rental Dwelling Registration
- Major Subdivision Application
- Minor Subdivision Application
- Administrative Subdivision Application
- Street Dedication Application