The department operates with a computerized permitting software. The permit clerk typically enters the required information as provided by the applicant in the office. The linked permit applications can be used for reference by the applicant to determine what information is required in receiving a permit.
On September 8, 2004, the City of Newport increased permit fees associated with building, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning permits for the first time in over ten years.
Please remember to add an American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) Fee of $1.00 per $1,000.
NOTICE: Please click HERE to read an announcement regarding a change in the City's abutter's notification procedure for Zoning Board of Review applications.
- Zoning Board of Review Application (2015 Update)
- Zoning Board of Review Abutter Notification Letter Template
- Zoning Board of Review Abutter Notification Certification Template
- Special Use Permit (2015 Update)
- Regulatory Variance (2015 Update)
- Critical Area Review Application
Newport is now participating in the Statewide e-permitting system. For all Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Moving or Demolition, and Plumbing Permit Applications, use the link below to access the e-permitting system.
- Major Subdivision Application
- Minor Subdivision Application
- Administrative Subdivision Application
- Street Dedication Application